Monday, December 28, 2009

Good Morning Monday


Well, I've slept longer than I would have liked, but this coffee is starting to kick in, thank God. After 4 days of being snowed in and lounging in my fabulous new bathrobe, I'm a little slow to swing back to the real world, but swing I must! Btw, never had a bathrobe before, if it were socially acceptable to were it exclusively, I would.

Today I will:

Try like hell to keep MOUTH SHUT before any negative opinions or unsolicited advice starts pouring out of it, Think Before I Speak.

Not let my gay work husband get under my skin with his own unchecked ego.

Smile as often as I can muster.

Remain still, quiet and re-discover the joy I had with my job when I started it.

Be grateful for a reliable 4 wheel drive dream car, my dog, who I lied to last night and told I would walk this morning, have patience with my lunatic kitten, speak kindly to my love and call my momma.

Today I will organize my "book of To-Do Lists", check a few off, but not obsess over the future.

Today I will try like heaven to stay in the Present as though it were a gift.

Today I will eat healthy food and today I will not drink booze...

and so it is!

6 comments:

  1. Jessica, that list is really GoooooD!

    Guess for me the most important one on there is the one listed last: "today I will not drink booze..."

    Running a finely-close second is "Think Before I Speak." OH! How I wish to master that. Maybe with one "non-speak" at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve sent me here and I am so happy he did. =)

    I love your post and what a beautiful reminder to be the best we can be - alsoto treat ourselves with the love we give to others so naturally.

    I am following and will be back for sure!

    Welcome, and much love to you!

    Christine "thatgalkiki"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I gave you a shout (link) on my recent blog "CALLI AND JESSICA J"...so hopefully, a few will drop by to welcome you and your excellent blog. Hope you find time to keep it up. It's good for you, and for all who read. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya, and welcome to blogland! steve pointed me in this here direction. i'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. and i think i'll join you in the 'not drink booze today'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list and good stuff for me to remember.

    Thanks for telling it like it is and reminding me that I, too, need to get off my arse and get busy.

    namaste

    ReplyDelete