Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In My Head...


I've discovered that turning on the News first thing in the morning is a terrible way to start the day. I don't give a shit about most of this crap, and will choose to read the paper instead (The Star is not yet bankrupt).

Anyhoo, not "passing out" at night has me all in my head, which is sometimes a scary place to be. Last night I rode with it, and it wasn't that scary after all. In fact, I had a vision of a beautiful painting, I don't paint, but think I will buy some canvas and brushes this weekend and give it a whirl.

Back to work after a long break yesterday was calming... shockingly calming.

The drive home was a battle, between me and the car. It kept wanting to pull into the bar, I won, thank God. You see, I live in an old Catholic neighborhood, with literally 6, yes SIX, bars within WALKING DISTANCE! That has always been the downside of my quaint little hood. So easy to just go to the bar, for any reason... boredom, celebration, sadness, anger... But, last night, I won, I did not drink! Hooray!

Today, my intentions are the same...

I am peaceful this cold Dec. mornin'. I feel as though I'm Finally beginning to settle into myself again.

Here Goes!

Have a Beautiful Day!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bloggosphere, and at my blog is a welcoming award for you too :)

    Good to see another fellow here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, nice to meet you.

    Glad your here to share your experiences and hope with us. Staying sober, for me, works much better as a "we".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica: Wooow, bars in walking distance. That's gotta be hard.

    I was 30 before I ever picked up a paint brush, and I don't do too bad, not Rembrandt or anything but I'm not selling anything either. Its a good way to keep your mind and hands occupided.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, new blogger friend. Found you via Steve E. and love your refreshing "telling it like you see it". I look forward to stopping in for coffee in the mornings :-D

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jessica! I came over from Steve too. I also have a 30 yr old daughter of the same name! So glad to see you're not her :o)

    WE all stay sober together! Welcome to our happy little place. I hope you find what you're looking for. Blessing to you, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jessica, it's been a whole dammmm week since you last posted. "Inquiring minds want to know"...what's happening in your life?

    Seriously, I/we hope you are OK...let us know, either way. You ARE allowed SOME secrets here--but not MANY! Understand?

    We have (mostly) ALL been where you are, drunk or sober, or on the fringe, or into it heavy-duty. We've been sober LONG time, some of us SHORT time, some coming back after our research.

    There's not much you could say to any of us, which would be NEW! Got it?--grin!

    PEACE and LOVE.

    ReplyDelete